Join Us for a Chin Wag

Noun1.chin-wag - light informal conversation for social occasions

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In 1962, Nina travelled to Seattle to view the World's Fair

And despite my dropping blatant hints about how much I would LOVE to go, Nina (grandmother) just went with Papa (grandfather) and another couple. 

Just about 50 years later, Tom and I stayed  in a room directly across from the Space Needle, a structure inspiring Americans to reach for the stars.  The construction of the Space Needle was the American response of we'll top that when the Russians launched Sputnik (which I remember reading about in my Weekly Reader).

I took this photo through the window of our room as the sun was rising--the dawn of a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by!